Opportunity for Independence (OFI) is a nonprofit organization that advocates self-determination
for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities by offering individualized innovative
services and behavioral supports to promote happy healthy lives. We are hiring for the following
Rate of Pay: Depending on Experience and Education
OFI's Job Coach facilitates programming in our Supportive Training Employment Program (STEP), which is a community-based work program for adults with developmental and/or intellectual disabilities. The four domains of STEP programming include employment placement and support, job training and volunteer options at local businesses, social and recreational events, as well as health and wellness activities. The Job Coach is responsible for providing transportation and leading a group of 3 individuals through their daily schedule.
Hours of Employment
OFI is hiring for both Part-Time and Full-Time positions with shifts available between the hours of 8:30am and 3:15pm, Monday through Friday.
- Applicants must demonstrate a high level of professionalism and reliability as staff are the face of the organization in the community.
- Applicants must display a high level of patience, warmth, and self-management skills to be able to work with 1-3 individuals with developmental or intellectual disabilities in a community based workplace or community based activity.
- Applicants must have the ability to assist individuals in performing their daily responsibilities in such a way that fosters independence, through breaking down and teaching tasks.
- Applicants must provide support, guidance and companionship to engage in community integration activities in natural environments.
- Applicants must be a strong team player and excellent communicator in order to collaborate with all staff to ensure high quality programming.
- Applicants must have the ability to seek positive behavioral supports or redirect individuals who may display behaviors.
- Ability to clear criminal background check, clean DMV record, current First Aid and CPR certification preferred.
- Ability to drive up to 3 other individuals in your vehicle.
- An Associates or Bachelor’s degree is desired but not required.