Job Title: Office Manager
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 4:30pm
Rate of Pay: Depending on Experience
Reports to: Executive Director
This position reports to the Executive Director. The Office Manager's role is to act as the right-
hand person to the Executive Director and requires an ability to manage an office and to work
independently to support the Executive Director and other management personnel. The
position includes handling confidential personnel information and HIPAA protected client
information. The candidate must have strong administrative skills, a high degree of
organization, the ability to work independently with minimal direction as well as with a team.
The ideal candidate will have strong interpersonal skills as he/she/they will interact with staff,
clients and caregivers as well as funders and Board members and an understanding of how to
maintain client confidentiality. He/she/they will prepare reports, handle incoming client
information, perform clerical functions such as preparing fundraising newsletters and mailers,
answering phones, welcoming visors, scheduling meetings and conference calls and also on-
board new staff. This position is the face of the agency and the first person clients and outside
providers are in contact with so strong interpersonal skills are a must. Experience working with
Developmentally Disabled clients is a plus.
- Strong computer skills including Word, Excel, Photoshop, Publisher
- Strong interpersonal and organizational
- Knowledge of HIPAA and maintain client confidentiality
- 2 years experience managing an Office
- Perform general office duties such as ordering supplies, maintaining records
management system; coordinating with IT support; managing janitorial and other
contracts and scheduling meetings.
- Answering phones, emails and faxes.
- Greeting clients and visitors.
- Preparing documents for the Executive Director including reports, mailers, agendas.
- Newsletter and donor letter writing; preparing and mailing documents; recording donor
- Manage the email and donor lists and clean and expand lists as needed.
- Assistance with scheduling and posting staff positions.
- Ensure that insurance is current and work with the Executive Director and the insurance
broker to ensure that all insurance is renewed in a timely manner and that required
documents are in vehicles and posted in the office as required.
- Manage client files and storage per HIPAA.
- Maintain the front office and conference rooms and interact with clients as appropriate.
- Ensure that the office is locked including all confidential filing cabinets at the end of the
- Coordinate and direct office services, such as records, housekeeping maintenance or
coordination of contractors.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong Administrative and Management skills- knowledge of business and office
management principles as well as resource allocation, project coordination and
- Strong computer skills including word, excel, knowledge of data bases, publisher,
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work well with clients and staff. Experience working with the Developmentally
- Self-starter with strong time management skills. Ability to work independently and in a
- Good problem-solving skills and an understanding of when to act independently and
when to seek support.
- Ability to team well with the Executive Leadership and all staff.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds
- Sitting for up to 90% of the time
- Must be able to manage stairs and light lifting